8. The Court.-
(1) The Court shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(a) Ex officio Members
(i) the Chancellor;
(ii) the Vice-Chancellor;
(iii) the Pro-Vice-Chancellor, if any;
(iv) the members of the Executive Council other than the Vice-Chancellor, the Pro-Vice-Chancellor and the Deans of Faculties;
(v) the Deans of Faculties;
(vi) the Finance Officer;
(vii) the Dean of Research and Development, in case he is not a member under any other provision of this sub-clause;
(viii) the Dean of College Development, in case he is not a member under any other provision of this sub-clause;
(ix) the Librarian;
(x) such Heads of Departments, Directors of University Institutes, Directors of Constituent Institutes and Heads of Centres which are not comprised in any University Institute, as are not members under any other provision of this sub-clause; and
(xi) two Principals of Constituent Colleges, to be selected by rotation in the order of length of substantive service as Principals.
(b) Representatives of the academic staff
(i) five Professors, three Readers and three Lecturers from among the University appointed teachers of the Faculties, to be selected by rotation in the order of seniority;
(ii) one Professor, one Reader and one Lecturer from among the University recognised teachers of the University Colleges, to be selected by rotation in the order of seniority;
(iii) two Professors, two Readers and two Lecturers from among the teachers of the University Institutes, to be selected by rotation in the order of seniority;
(iv) two Professors, one Reader and one Lecturer from among the University recognised teachers of the Constituent Institutes, to be selected by rotation in the order of seniority; and
(v) six persons from among the University recognised teachers of the Constituent Colleges, to be selected by rotation in the order of seniority, of whom at least two shall be Lecturers.
(c) Representatives of Students one student from each group of subjects assigned to the Faculties who, having secured the highest marks in that group of subjects at the preceding degree examination of the University, is pursuing a course of study for a Post-graduate degree in the same group of subjects in the University or in a college or institution maintained by the University or admitted to the privileges of the University: Provided that a representative of students shall no longer continue as such representative on the termination of his enrolment as a student.
(d) Representatives of Registered Graduates ten representatives of the registered Graduates, not being persons in the service or students of the University or an institution maintained by or admitted to the privileges of the University or a member of the management of such institution, to be co-opted by the Court in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Regulations.
(e) Representatives of Parliament (i) three representatives of Parliament, two to be elected by the Lok Sabha from amongst its own members, in such manner as the Speaker may direct, and one to be elected by the Rajya Sabha from amongst its own members, in such manner as the Chairman may direct: Provided that consequent upon a Member of Parliament becoming a Minister or Speaker/Deputy Speaker, Lok Sabha or Deputy Chairman, Rajya Sabha, his election to the Court shall be deemed to have been terminated.
(f) Nominees of the Visitor, the Chief Rector and the Chancellor
(i) seven persons representing learned professions and special interests, including representatives of Industry, Commerce, Labour and Agriculture, to be nominated by the Visitor;
(ii) two eminent educationists, to be nominated by the Chief Rector; and
(iii) three persons of distinction in public life, to be nominated by the Chancellor.
(2) The term of office of the members of the Court under sub-clauses (a), (b), (e) and (f) of clause (1) shall be three years and under sub-clauses (c) and (d) thereof shall be one year.
(3) An annual meeting of the Court shall be held on a date to be fixed by the Executive Council unless some other date has been fixed by the Court in respect of any year.
(4) At the annual meeting of the Court, a report on the working of the University during the previous year, together with a statement of the receipts and expenditure, the balance sheet as audited, and the financial estimates for the next year shall be presented.
(5) A copy of the statement of receipts and expenditure, the balance sheet and the financial estimates referred to in clause (4) shall be sent to every member of the Court at least seven days before the date of the annual meeting.
(6) Special meetings of the Court may be convened by the Executive Council or the Vice-Chancellor or if there is no Vice-Chancellor, the Pro-Vice-Chancellor or if there is no Pro-Vice-Chancellor, by the Registrar. (7) Twenty-five members of the Court shall form a quorum for a meeting of the Court.