31. Constituent Colleges.-
(1) The following shall be the Constituent Colleges, namely:-
(i) Allahabad Degree College, Allahabad;
(ii) Arya Kanya Degree College, Allahabad;
(iii) Chaudhary Mahadeo Prasad Degree College, Allahabad;
(iv) Ewing Christian College, Allahabad;
(v) Iswar Saran Degree College, Allahabad;
(vi) Hamidia Girls Degree College, Allahabad;
(vii) Jagat Taran Girls Degree College, Allahabad;
(viii) K. P. Training College, Allahabad;
(ix) Rajarshi Tandon Girls Degree College, Allahabad;
(x) Sanwal Dass Sadan Lal Khanna Girls Degree College, Allahabad; and
(xi) Shyama Prasad Mukherji Government Degree College, Allahabad.
(2) Matters relating to the constitution of the management, the powers of the Vice-Chancellor to issue directions to, and to enforce his orders against, the management, the conditions for the continuance, enlargement and withdrawal of the privileges of Constituent Colleges and the grant to and withdrawal from them of the autonomous status shall be prescribed by the Ordinances: Provided that every Constituent College shall be required to undergo the process of assessment by a visiting Peer Team of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, set up under section 12 (ccc) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956), and accreditation by the said Council within a period of three years from the date of the commencement of the Act.
(3) Where under the provisions of the Uttar Pradesh State Universities Act, 1973 (President's Act 10 of 1973) a Constituent College had been granted permission by the predecessor University to impart instruction for a Post-graduate degree other than the degree of Bachelor of Laws or to exercise the privileges of an Autonomous College, such permission shall cease to have effect upon the expiry of the academic year immediately following the academic year during which the Act has commenced or of the period for which such permission had been granted by the predecessor University, whichever is earlier, without prejudice to the right of the Constituent College concerned to apply afresh for such permission in accordance with the provisions of the Statutes and the Ordinances.
(4) There shall be constituted, by Ordinances, a College Development Council to monitor and promote the academic functioning and development of the Constituent Colleges.
(5) The College Development Council shall be headed by the Dean of College Development, who shall be appointed by the Executive Council from among the Professors of the University in the manner prescribed by the Ordinances.