28. Maintenance of discipline amongst students of the University.-
(1) All powers relating to the maintenance of discipline and disciplinary action in relation to the students of the University shall vest in the Vice-Chancellor.
(2) There shall be a Proctor of the University to assist the Vice-Chancellor in the exercise of the powers referred to in clause (1), who shall be appointed by the Executive Council from amongst the Professors and Readers in the manner prescribed by the Ordinances.
(3) The Vice-Chancellor may delegate all or any of the powers referred to in clause (1), as he deems proper, to the Proctor and to such other officers as he may specify in this behalf.
(4) Without prejudice to the generality of the powers referred to in clause (1), the Vice-Chancellor may, in exercise of such powers, by order, direct that any student or students be expelled or rusticated, for a specified period, or be not admitted for a stated period to a course or courses of study in the University or an institution maintained by or admitted to the privileges of the University, or be punished with fine for an amount to be specified in the order, or be debarred from taking an examination or examinations conducted by the University, for one or more years, or that the results of the student or students concerned in the examination or examinations in which he or they have appeared be cancelled.
(5) The Deans of Faculties, Heads of Departments and Centres, Directors of University Institutes and Constituent Institutes and Principals of University Colleges and Constituent Colleges shall have the authority to exercise all such disciplinary powers over the students in their respective Faculties, Departments, independent Centres, University Institutes, Constituent Institutes, University Colleges and Constituent Colleges, as may be necessary for the proper conduct of the work thereof.
(6) Without prejudice to the powers of the Vice-Chancellor and the Deans, Heads, Directors and Principals specified in clause (5), detailed rules of discipline and proper conduct shall be made by the University, and such Deans, Heads, Directors and Principals may also make such supplementary rules as they deem necessary for the purposes stated therein.
(7) At the time of admission, every student shall be required to sign a declaration to the effect that he submits himself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the Vice-Chancellor and other authorities of the University.