16. Special mode of appointment.-
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in Statute 15, the Executive Council may invite a person of high academic distinction and professional attainments to accept a post of Professor or any other equivalent academic post in the University, on such terms and conditions as it deems fit and on the person agreeing to do so appoint him to the post.
(2) The Executive Council may declare a person working in any other University or organisation as teacher of the University for a specified period.
(3) Appointments to Chairs and of Emeritus Professors shall be made by the Executive Council in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Ordinances for such tenure and on such terms and conditions as it deems fit.
(4) The Executive Council may appoint a person selected in accordance with the procedure laid down in Statute 15 for a fixed tenure on such terms and conditions as it deems fit.