14. Faculties and Departments.-
(1) The University shall have the following Faculties, namely:-
(i) the Faculty of Arts;
(ii) the Faculty of Commerce;
(iii) the Faculty of Law;
(iv) the Faculty of Medicine; and
(v) the Faculty of Science.
(2) The constitution and term of office of members of the Board of each Faculty, its powers and functions and the provisions in respect of the meetings thereof shall be prescribed by the Ordinances: Provided that the first Board of each Faculty shall be nominated by the Executive Council and shall hold office for a period of one year.
(3) The Faculty of Arts shall consist of the following Departments, namely:-
(i) Ancient History, Culture and Archaeology;
(iii) Arabic and Persian;
(v) English and Modern European Languages;
(vii) Hindi and Modern Indian Languages;
(viii) Journalism and Mass Communication;
(ix) Medieval and Modern History;
(x) Music and Performing Arts;
(xii) Physical Education;
(xiii) Political Science;
(xv) Sanskrit; Pali, Prakrit and Oriental Languages;
(xvi) Urdu; and
(xvii) Visual Arts.
(4) The Faculty of Commerce shall consist of the following Departments, namely:-
(i) Commerce and Business Administration; and
(5) The Faculty of Law shall consist of the following Department, namely:- Law.
(6) The Faculty of Medicine shall consist of the following Departments, namely:-
(iv) Ear, Nose and Throat;
(v) Forensic Medicine;
(viii) Obstetrics and Gynaecology;
(xii) Pathology and Bacteriology;
(xvii) Social and Preventive Medicine;
(xviii) Surgery; and
(7) The Faculty of Science shall consist of the following Departments, namely:-
(iv) Defence and Strategic Studies;
(v) Earth and Planetary Sciences;
(vi) Electronics and Communication;
(vii) Home Science;
(x) Statistics; and
(8) Each Department shall be headed by a Head of the Department, whose manner of appointment, term of office and functions shall be prescribed by the Ordinances.
(9) Each Department shall have a Departmental Committee, the constitution, term of office of members and functions whereof shall be prescribed by the Ordinances.
(10) There shall be a Board of Studies for each subject, the constitution, term of office of members and functions whereof shall be prescribed by the Ordinances.