21. Repeal and saving of Act 52 of1963.
(1) On the appointed day, the Unit Trust of India Act, 1963 (52 of 1963) shall stand repealed and the Board of trustees referred to in section 10 of the said Act (herein after referred to as the repealed Act) shall stand dissolved.
(2) On the dissolution of the said Board, the person appointed as the Chairman of the Board and every other person appointed as the trustee and executive trustee and holding office as such immediately before such date shall vacate their respective office.
(3) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken or purported to have been done or taken including any rule, regulation, notification, scheme, inspection, order or notice made or issued or any appointment, confirmation or declaration made or any permission, authorisation or exemption granted or any document or instrument executed or any direction given under the Act hereby repealed shall, in so far as it is not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
(4) Notwithstanding the repeal of the Unit Trust of India Act, 1963 (52 of 1963), the Administrator shall, so far as may be, comply with the provisions of Chapter VI of the Act so repealed for any of the purposes related to the annual accounts and audit of the Trust.