5. Collector and certain other revenue officers.-
(1) Each district shall be placed under the charge of a Collector who shall be in charge of the revenue administration of the district and exercise the powers and discharge the duties of the Collector under this Act or any other law for the time being in force and shall exercise so far as is consistent therewith such other powers of superintendence and control within the district and over the officers subordinate to him as may from time to time be prescribed.
(2) Each sub-division shall be placed under the charge of a sub-divisional officer.
(3) Each circle or tehsil shall be placed under the charge of a circle officer or a tehsildar, as the case may be.
(4) The duties and powers of the sub-divisional officers, the circle officers and other revenue officers shall be such as may be imposed or conferred on them by or under this Act or any other law in force for the time being or any general or special order of the Administrator published in the Official Gazette. 11