129. Under-raiyat to pay compensation amount.-
(1) Every under-raiyat to whom ownership of any land has been transferred under section 126 shall be liable to pay to the Government in respect of that land compensation as determined under section 127.
(2) The compensation shall be payable in cash, in lump sum or in such number of annual instalments, not exceeding twenty as may prescribed. Interest at the rate of 2½ per cent. per annum shall be payable on the compensation or such portion thereof as remains unpaid.
(3) The compensation payable under this section shall be a charge on the land.
(4) The compensation or any instalment thereof shall be re-coverable in the same manner as an arrear of land revenue.