117. Suspension or remission of rent.-
(1) Where a raiyat has obtained from or been granted by the Government any relief by way of suspension or remission, whether in whole or in part, of the land revenue payable in respect of his land, he shall be bound to give, and the under-raiyat concerned shall be entitled to receive from the raiyat, a corresponding or proportionate relief by way of suspension or remission of rent payable in respect of such land.
(2) The nature and extent of the relief which a raiyat is bound to give and which the under-raiyat is entitled to receive under sub-section (1) shall be determined in accordance with the rules made under this Act.
(3) No suit shall lie and no decree of a civil court shall be executed for the recovery by a raiyat of any rent the payment of which has been remitted, or during the period for which the payment of such rent has been suspended, under this section.
(4) The period during which the payment of rent is suspended under this section shall be excluded in computing the period of limitation for any suit or proceeding for the recovery of such rent.
(5) If any raiyat fails to suspend or remit the payment of rent as provided in sub-section (1), he shall be liable to refund to the under-raiyat the amount recovered by him in contravention of the provisions of this section and shall also be liable to punishment as provided in this Act.