The Road Transport Corporations Act, 1950
8. Removal of Chairman and members from office.
- The State Government may remove from office the Chairman or any other 5[Director] of the Corporation who-
- is or becomes subject to any of the disqualifications mentioned in section 6 ; or
- without excuse sufficient in the opinion of the State Government, is absent from more than four consecutive meetings of the 5[Board]
- S. 6 renumbered as sub-section (1) thereof by Act 28 of 1959, s. 2.3 Ins. by s.2, ibid,
- Subs. & ins. by Act 63 of 1982, s. 4 (w.e.f. 13-11-1982).
- Re-numbered & Subs. by s. 5, ibid. (w.e.f. 13-11-1982).
- Subs. by s. 16 & Sch., ibid. (w.e.f. 13-11-1982).
179.Provided that no 1[Director appointed] by the Central Government shall be removed from office without the concurrence of that Government.
- The State Government may terminate the appointment of any Director after giving him notice for such period (being not less than one month) as may be prescribed:
Provided that the appointment of a Director appointed by the Central Government shall not be terminated under this sub-section without the concurrence of that Government.]