16. Suspension or cancellation of registration.
(1) The Appropriate Authority may, suo motu or on complaint, issue a notice to any 4[hospital or Tissue Bank, as the case may be,] to show cause why its registration under this Act should not be suspended or cancelled for the reasons mentioned in the notice.
(2) If, after giving a reasonable opportunity of being heard to the 4[hospital or Tissue Bank, as the
case may be,] the Appropriate Authority is satisfied that there has been a breach of any of the provisions of this Act or the rules made thereunder, it may, without prejudice to any criminal action that it may take against such 4[hospital or Tissue Bank, as the case may be,] suspend its registration for such period as it may think fit or cancel its registration:
1. Ins. by Act 16 of 2011, s. 11 (w.e.f. 10-1-2014).
2. Ins. by s. 12, ibid. (w.e.f. 10-1-2014).
3. Subs. by s. 13, ibid., for "grant to the hospital" (w.e.f. 10-1-2014).
4. Subs. by s. 14, ibid., for "hospital" (w.e.f. 10-1-2014).
Provided that where the Appropriate Authority is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do in the public interest, it may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, suspend the registration of any 1[hospital or Tissue Bank, as the case may be,] without issuing any notice.