13A. Advisory Committees to advise Appropriate Authority.
(1) The Central Government and the State Governments, as the case may be, by notification, shall constitute an Advisory Committee for aperiod of two years to aid and advise the Appropriate Authority to discharge its functions.
1. Subs. by Act 16 of 2011, s. 4, for "human organ" (w.e.f. 10-1-2014).
2. The word "and" ins by s. 8, ibid. (w.e.f. 10-1-2014).
3. Ins. by s. 8, ibid. (w.e.f. 10-1-2014).
4. Subs. by s. 4, ibid., for "human organs" (w.e.f. 10-1-2014).
5. Subs. by s. 9, ibid., for clause (iii) (w.e.f. 10-1-2014).
6. Ins. by s. 9, ibid. (w.e.f. 10-1-2014).
7. Ins. by s. 10, ibid. (w.e.f. 10-1-2014).
(2) The Advisory Committee shall consist of
(a) one administrative expert not below the rank of Secretary to the State Government, to be nominated as Chairperson of the Advisory Committee;
(b) two medical experts having such qualifications as may be prescribed;
(c) one officer not below the rank of a Joint Director to represent the Ministry or Department of Health and Family Welfare, to be designated as Member-Secretary;
(d) two eminent social workers of high social standing and integrity, one of whom shall be from amongst representatives of women's organisation;
(e) one legal expert who has held the position of an Additional District Judge or equivalent;
(f) one person to represent non-governmental organisations or associations which are working in the field of organ or tissue donations or human rights;
(g) one specialist in the field of human organ transplantation, provided he is not a member of the transplantation team.
(3) The terms and conditions for appointment to the Advisory Committee shall be such as may be prescribed by the Central Government.