8. Obligation of appropriate Government.-
(1) The appropriate Government shall take steps to secure full and effective participation of transgender persons and their inclusion in society.
(2) The appropriate Government shall take such welfare measures as may be prescribed to protect the rights and interests of transgender persons, and facilitate their access to welfare schemes framed by that Government.
(3) The appropriate Government shall formulate welfare schemes and programmes which are transgender sensitive, non-stigmatising and non-discriminatory.
(4) The appropriate Government shall take steps for the rescue, protection and rehabilitation of transgender persons to address the needs of such persons.
(5) The appropriate Government shall take appropriate measures to promote and protect the right of transgender persons to participate in cultural and recreational activities.