22. Power of appropriate Government to make rules.-
(1) The appropriate Government may, subject to the condition of previous publication, by notification, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
(a) the form and manner in which an application shall be made under section 5;
(b) the procedure, form and manner and the period within which a certificate of identity is issued under sub-section (1) of section 6;
(c) the form and manner in which an application shall be made under sub-section (1) of section 7;
(d) the form, period and manner for issuing revised certificate under sub-section (2) of section 7;
(e) welfare measures to be provided under sub-section (2) of section 8;
(f) facilities to be provided under section 10;
(g) other functions of the National Council under clause (e) of section 17; and
(h) any other matter which is required to be or may be prescribed.
(3) Every rule made by the Central Government under sub-section (1), shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
(4) Every rule made by the State Government under sub-section (1), shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of the State Legislature where it consists of two Houses, or where such legislature consists of one House, before that House.