Trade Union Act, 1926
25. Notice of change of name or amalgamation
(1) Notice in writing of every change of name and of every amalgamation signed, in the case of a change of name, by the Secretary and by seven members of the trade union changing its name, and in the case of an amalgamation, by the Secretary and by seven members of each and every trade union which is a party thereto, shall be sent to the Registrar and where the head office of the amalgamated trade union is situated in a different State, to the Registrar of such State.
(2) If the proposed name is identical with that by which any other existing trade union has been registered or, in the opinion of the Registrar, so nearly resembles such name as to be likely to deceive the public or the members of either trade union, the Registrar shall refuse to register the change of name.
(3) Save as provided in sub-section (2), the Registrar shall, if he is satisfied that the provisions of this Act in respect of change of name have been complied with, register the change of name in the register referred to in section 8, and the change of name shall have effect from the date of such registration.
(4) The Registrar of the State in which the head office of the amalgamated trade union is situated shall, if he is satisfied that the provisions of this Act in respect of amalgamation have been complied with and that the trade union formed thereby is entitled to registration under section 6, register the trade union in the manner provided in section 8 and the amalgamation shall have effect from the date of such registration.