10. Registration of growers of virginia tobacco.
(1) No person shall grow virginia tobacco except under, and in accordance with, the conditions of a certificate of registration obtained from the Board in accordance with the rules made under this Act.
(2) In granting or refusing a certificate of registration, the Board shall have regard to the demand for virginia tobacco in India and abroad, and the suitability of the land in relation to which the certificate is applied for and such other factors as may, having regard to the needs of the virginia tobacco industry, be prescribed.
(3) A certificate of registration granted in pursuance of this section shall be valid for such period as may be prescribed.
(4) Every application for such certificate of registration shall be accompanied by such fees (not exceeding one rupee for 0.4 hectare of the land in relation to which such application has been made) as may be prescribed.