40. Ordinances how made
(1) The first Ordinances made under sub-section (2) of section 28 may be amended, repealed or added to at any time by the Board of Management in the manner specified below.
(2) No Ordinance in respect of the matters enumerated in section 28, other than those enumerated in clause (n) of sub-section (1) thereof, shall be made by the Board of Management unless a draft of such Ordinance has been proposed by the Academic Council.
(3) The Board of Management shall not have power to amend any draft of any Ordinance proposed by the Academic Council under clause (2), but may reject the proposal or return the draft to the Academic Council for reconsideration, either in whole or in part, together with any amendment which the Board of Management may suggest.
(4) Where the Board of Management has rejected or returned the draft of an Ordinance proposed by the Academic Council, the Academic Council may consider the question afresh and in case the original draft is reaffirmed by a majority of not less than two-thirds of the members present and voting and more than half the total number of members of the Academic Council, the draft may be sent back to the Board of Management which shall either adopt it or refer it to the Visitor whose decision shall be final.
(5) Every Ordinance made by the Board of Management shall come into effect immediately.
(6) Every Ordinance made by the Board of Management shall be submitted to the Visitor within two weeks from the date of its adoption. The Visitor shall have the power to direct the University within four weeks of the receipt of the Ordinance to suspend the operation of any such Ordinance and he shall, as soon as possible, inform the Board of Management about his objection to the proposed Ordinance. The Visitor may, after receiving the comments of the University, either withdraw the order suspending the Ordinance or disallow the Ordinance, and his decision shall be final.