13. Constitution, powers and functions of the Planning and Academic Committee
(1) The Planning and Academic Committee shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(i) the Vice-Chairman of the University Grants Commission appointed under sub-section (1) of section 5 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956), ex officio Chairman;
(ii) the Vice-Chancellor;
(iii) the Pro-Vice-Chancellor;
(iv) all Deans of Schools;
(v) three teachers of the University to be nominated by the Board of Management;
(vi) one representative each of the-
(a) North-Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology;
(b) North-Eastern Council set up under section 3 of the North-Eastern Council Act, 1971 (84 of 1971);
(c) Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India; and (d) the State Government of Assam;
(vii) three distinguished academics to be nominated by the Visitor;
(viii) three persons of eminence in public life to be nominated by the Visitor;
(ix) the Registrar who shall be ex officio Secretary of the Committee.
(2) All members, of the Committee, other than ex officio members shall hold office for a term of five years.
(3) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and Ordinances, the Committee shall in addition to the powers vested in it, have the following powers, namely:-
(a) to advise the Board of Management on matters relating to the university academic and development activities, that is to say, identification and introduction of courses, development of campus infrastructure, framing of admission and recruitment policies;
(b) to exercise the powers and discharge the functions of the Academic Council and the Planning Board;
(c) to exercise such other powers and to perform such other functions as may be conferred upon or entrusted to it by these Statutes.
(4) The Planning and Academic Committee shall meet at such intervals as it shall deem expedient, but it shall meet at least twice in a year.
(5) On the date determined by the Visitor under sub-section (3) of section 20, this Statute shall cease to have effect.