The Terrorist and Disruptive and Activities (Prevention) Act, 1987
7. Conferment of powers. -
- Notwithstanding anything contained in the Code or in any other provision of this Act, the Central Government may, if it considers it necessary or expedient so to do, -
- for the prevention of, and for coping with, any offence under Section 3 or Section 4; or
- for any case or class or group of cases under Section 3 or Section 4;in any State or part thereof, confer, by notification in the Official Gazette on any officer of the Central Government, powers exercisable by a police officer under the Code in such State or part thereof or, as the case may be, for such case or class or group of cases and in particular, the powers of arrest, investigation and prosecution of persons before any Court.
- All officers of police and all officers of Government are hereby required and empowered to assist the officer of the Central Government referred to in sub-section (1), in the execution of the provisions of this Act or any rule or order made there under.
- The provisions of the Code shall, so far as may be and subject to such modifications made in this Act, apply to the exercise of the powers by an officer under sub-section (1).