The Prevention of Terrorism Act, 2002
Chapter III Terrorist Organisations
18. Declaration of an organization as a terrorist organization.-
1. For the purposes of this Act, an organisation is a terrorist organisation if-
a. it is listed in the Schedule, or
b. it operates under the same name as an organisation listed in that Schedule.
2. The Central Government may by order, in the Official Gazette,-
a. add an organisation to the Schedule;
b. remove an organisation from that Schedule;
c. amend that Schedule in some other way.
3. The Central Government may exercise its power under clause (a) of sub-section (2) in respect of an organisation only if it believes that it is involved in terrorism.
4. For the purposes of sub-section (3), an organisation shall be deemed to be involved in terrorism if it-
a. commits or participates in acts of terrorism,
b. prepares for terrorism,
c. promotes or encourages terrorism, or
d. is otherwise involved in terrorism.