9. Application of the Army Act, 1950.-
(1) Every officer, when doing duty as such officer, and every enrolled person when called out or embodied or attached to 2[the Regular Army], shall, subject to such adaptations and modifications as may be made therein by the Central Government by notification in the Official Gazette, be subject to the provisions of 3[the Army Act, 1950 (46 of 1950)], and the rules or regulations made thereunder in the same manner and to the same extent as if such officer or enrolled person held the same rank in 4[the Regular Army] as he holds for the time being in the Territorial Army.
(2) When an offence punishable under 3[the Army Act, 1950 (46 of 1950)], has been committed by any person whilst subject to that Act under the provisions of sub-section (1) such person may be taken into and kept in military custody and tried and punished for such offence as aforesaid in like manner as he might have been taken into and kept in military custody, tried and punished if he had continued to be so subject.
1. Ins. by Act 33 of 1952, s. 2.
2. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "any regular forces".
3. Subs. by Act 3 of 1951, s. 3 and the Schedule, for "the Indian Army Act, 1911".
4. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "the regular forces".
5. Ins. by Act 92 of 1956, s. 4.