7. Liability for military service.-
(1) No officer or enrolled person shall be required to perform military service beyond the limits of India save under a general or special order of the Central Government.
(2) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (1), every officer or enrolled person shall, subject to such conditions as may be prescribed, be bound to serve in any unit of the Territorial Army to which he is for the time being attached, and shall be subject to all the rules made under this Act in relation to such unit.
(3) Every officer or enrolled person shall be liable to perform military service,-
(a) when called out in the prescribed manner to act in support of the civil power or to provide essential guards;
(b) when embodied in the prescribed manner for training or for supporting or supplementing the regular forces; and
(c) when attached to any regular forces either at his own request or under the prescribed conditions.
1. Ins. by Act 33 of 1952, s. 2.