4[6A. Liability of certain persons for compulsory service in the Territorial Army.-
(1) Without prejudice to the provision contained in section 6, every person employed under the Government or in a public utility service who has attained the age of twenty years but has not completed the age of forty years shall, subject to the other provisions contained in this section and subject to such rules as may be made in this behalf, be liable, when so required to do, to perform service in the Territorial Army.
(2) Where it appears to the prescribed authority that, having regard to the strength of the Territorial Army or of any unit thereof in any area or place or, having regard to the exigencies of service in the Territorial Army, it is necessary that persons compulsorily liable to perform service in the Territorial Army under sub-section (1) should be called upon for such service, the prescribed authority may call upon such number of persons as he thinks fit for the purpose of performing service in the Territorial Army.
(3) In requisitioning the services of any persons under sub-section (2), the prescribed authority shall have regard to the age, physical fitness, qualifications and experience of the persons to be called upon for service and the nature of the work previously performed by them while employed under the Government or in the public utility service, and the work to be performed by them in the Territorial Army.
(4) Every person liable to perform service under sub-section (1) shall, if so required by the prescribed authority, be bound to fill up such norms as may be prescribed and sign and lodge them with the prescribed authority within such time as may be specified in the requisition.
(5) The prescribed authority may require any person incharge of the management of a public utility service to furnish within such time as may be specified in the requisition such particulars as may be prescribed with respect to persons employed under him, who may be liable to perform service under sub-section (1).
(6) Any person whose services are requisitioned under this section may be required to join the Territorial Army as an officer or as an enrolled person according to the rules made in this behalf by the Central Government, and where any person has so jointed the Territorial Army, he shall be entitled to the same rights and privileges and be subject to the same liabilities as an officer or enrolled person under the provisions of this Act.
Explanation.-For the purposes of this section, the expression "person employed under the Government or in a public utility service" shall not include-
(a) a woman;
(b) a member of the Regular Army, the Navy or the Air Force or a member of any Reserve Force;
(c) a person who is not a citizen of India;
(d) a person employed under the Government in any country or place outside India for so long as he is so employed; and
(e) any other persons as may be exempted from the operation of this Act by the Central Government, by notification in the Official Gazette, on the ground that, having regard to the nature of the service performed by such persons or to the exigencies of the service in which they are employed, it is, in the opinion of the Central Government, expedient in the public interest that they should not be liable to perform service under this Act.]