Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act,1997
14B. Composition of Appellate Tribunal
(1) The Appellate Tribunal shall consist of a Chairperson and not more than two members to be appointed, by notification, by the Central Government.
(2) The selection of Chairperson and Members of the Appellate Tribunal shall be made by the Central Government in consultation with the Chief Justice of India.
(3) Subject to the provisions of this Act, -
(a) the jurisdiction of the Appellate Tribunal may be exercised by the Benches thereof;
(b) a Bench may be constituted by the Chairperson of the Appellate Tribunal with one or two Members of such Tribunal as the Chairperson may deem fit;
(c) the Benches of the Appellate Tribunal shall ordinarily sit at New Delhi and at such other places as the Central Government may, in consultation with the Chairperson of the Appellate Tribunal, notify;
(d) the Central Government shall notify the areas in relation to which each bench of the Appellate Tribunal may exercise its jurisdiction.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (2), the Chairperson of the Appellate Tribunal may transfer a Member of such Tribunal from one Bench to another Bench.
(5) If at any stage of the hearing of any case or matter it appears to the Chairperson or a Member of the Appellate Tribunal that the case or matter is of such a nature that it ought to be heard by a Bench consisting of two Members, the case or matter may be transferred by the Chairperson to such Bench as the Chairperson may deem fit.