4. General effect of vesting.-
(1) The textile undertakings referred to in section 3 shall be deemed to include all assets, rights, lease holds, powers, authorities and privileges and all property, movable and immovable, including lands, buildings, workshops, stores, instruments, machinery and equipment, cash balances, cash on hand, reserve funds, investments and book debts pertaining to the textile undertakings and all other rights and interests in, or arising out of, such property as were immediately before the appointed day in the ownership, possession, power or control of the Company in relation to the said undertakings, whether within or outside India, and all books of account, registers and all other documents of whatever nature relating thereto.
(2) All property as aforesaid which have vested in the Central Government under sub-section (1) of section 3 shall, by force of such vesting, be freed and discharged from any trust, obligation, mortgage, charge, lien and all other incumbrances affecting it, and any attachment, injunction or decree or order of any court or other authority restricting the use of such property in any manner shall be deemed to have been withdrawn.
(3) Where any licence or other instrument had been granted at any time before the appointed day to the Company in relation to the textile undertakings by the Central Government or a State Government or any local authority, the National Textile Corporation shall, on and from such day, be deemed to be substituted in such licence or other instrument in place of the Company as if such licence or other instrument had been granted to the National Textile Corporation and that Corporation shall hold it for the remainder of the period of which the Company to which it was granted would have held it under the terms thereof.
(4) Every mortgagee of any property which has vested under this Act in the Central Government and every person holding any charge, lien or other interest in, or in relation to, any such property shall give, within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed, an intimation to the Commissioner of such mortgage, charge, lien or other interest.
(5) For the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that the mortgagee of any property referred to in sub-section (2) or any other person holding any charge, lien or other interest in, or in relation to, any such property shall be entitled to claim, in accordance with his rights and interests, payment of the mortgage money or other dues, in whole or in part, out of the amounts specified in section 8 and section 9, but no such mortgage, charge, lien or other interest shall be enforceable against any property which has vested in the Central Government.
(6) If, on the appointed day, any suit, appeal or other proceeding of whatever nature in relation to any property which has vested in the Central Government, under section 3, instituted or preferred by or against the Company is pending, the same shall not abate, be discontinued or be, in any way, prejudicially affected by reason of the transfer of the textile undertakings or of anything contained in this Act, but the suit, appeal or other proceeding may be continued, prosecuted or enforced by or against the National Textile Corporation.