The Surrogacy (Regulation) Act, 2021
29. Meetings of State Board.-
(1) The State Board shall meet at such places and times and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings (including the quorum at its meetings) as may be specified by the regulations: Provided that the State Board shall meet at least once in four months.
(2) The Chairperson shall preside at the meetings of the Board and if for any reason the Chairman is unable to attend the meeting of the State Board, the Vice-Chairperson shall preside at the meetings of the State Board.
(3) All questions which come up before any meeting of the State Board shall be decided by a majority of the votes of the members present and voting, and in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson, or in his absence, the Vice-Chairperson shall have a second or casting vote.
(4) The members, other than ex officio members, shall receive only compensatory travelling expenses for attending the meetings of the State Board.