The Surrogacy (Regulation) Act, 2021
12. Certificate of registration.-
(1) The appropriate authority shall after holding an enquiry and after satisfying itself that the applicant has complied with all the requirements of this Act and the rules and regulations made thereunder, grant a certificate of registration to the surrogacy clinic, within a period of ninety days from the date of application received by it, in such form, on payment of such fees and in such manner, as may be prescribed.
(2) Where, after the inquiry and after giving an opportunity of being heard to the applicant, the appropriate authority is satisfied that the applicant has not complied with the requirements of this Act or the rules or regulations made thereunder, it shall, for reasons to be recorded in writing, reject the application for registration.
(3) Every certificate of registration shall be valid for a period of three years and shall be renewed in such manner and on payment of such fees as may be prescribed.
(4) The certificate of registration shall be displayed by the surrogacy clinic at a conspicuous place.