The Surrogacy (Regulation) Act, 2021
Registration of Surrogacy Clinics
11. Registration of surrogacy clinics.-
(1) No person shall establish any surrogacy clinic for undertaking surrogacy or to render surrogacy procedures in any form unless such clinic is duly registered under this Act.
(2) Every application for registration under sub-section (1) shall be made to the appropriate authority in such form, manner and shall be accompanied by such fees as may be prescribed.
(3) Every surrogacy clinic which is conducting surrogacy or surrogacy procedures, partly or exclusively, referred to in clause (ii) of section 4 shall, within a period of sixty days from the date of appointment of appropriate authority, apply for registration:
Provided that such clinic shall cease to conduct any such counselling or procedures on the expiry of six months from the date of commencement of this Act, unless such clinic has applied for registration and is so registered separately or till such application is disposed of, whichever is earlier.
(4) No surrogacy clinic shall be registered under this Act, unless the appropriate authority is satisfied that such clinic is in a position to provide such facilities and maintain such equipment and standards including specialised manpower, physical infrastructure and diagnostic facilities as may be prescribed.