4. Assets, etc., of notified sugar undertaking.-
(1) The notified sugar undertaking shall be deemed to include all assets, rights, powers, authorities and privileges, in relation to the said undertaking and all property, movable and immovable, including lands, buildings, workshops, stores, instruments, machinery, automobiles and other vehicles and goods under production or in transit, cash balances, reserve funds, investments and all other rights and interests in, or arising out of, such property as were, immediately before the date of vesting, in the ownership, possession, power or control of that undertaking, whether within or outside India, and all books of account, registers and all other documents of whatever nature relating thereto.
(2) Any contract, whether express or implied, or other arrangement (whether under any statute or otherwise) in so far as it relates to the management of the business and affairs of the notified sugar undertaking, and in force immediately before the date of vesting, or any order made by any Court in so far as it relates to the management of the business and affairs of that undertaking and in force immediately before the said date, shall be deemed to have terminated on that date.
(3) All persons in whom the management of the business and affairs of the notified sugar undertaking vests immediately before the date of vesting shall, as from that date, cease to be so vested.
(4) Notwithstanding any judgment, decree or order of any Court, tribunal or other authority or anything contained in any law (other than this Act) for the time being in force, every Receiver, Official Liquidator or other person in whose possession or custody or under whose control the notified sugar undertaking or any part thereof may be immediately before the date of vesting, shall, on that date, deliver the possession of the said undertaking or such part thereof, as the case may be, to the Custodian, appointed under section 5, or, where no Custodian has been appointed, to such other person as the Central Government may direct.
(5) The Central Government may take, or cause to be taken, all necessary steps for securing the possession of the notified sugar undertaking.