3. Sugar Development Fund.-
(1) There shall be formed a fund to be called the Sugar Development Fund.
(2) An amount equivalent to the proceeds of the duty of excise levied and collected under the Sugar Cess Act, 1982(3 of 1982), reduced by the cost of collection as determined by the Central Government, together with any moneys received by the Central Government for the purposes of this Act, shall, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law, be credited to the Fund.
(3) The Fund shall consist of the amounts credited under sub-section (2) and any income from investment of such amounts.
1. 1st June, 1982, vide notification No. G.S.R. 436(E), dated 29th May, 1982, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(i).
2. Ins.by Act 30 of 2002, s. 2 (w.e.f. 21-6-2002).
3. Ins. by Act 64 of 1982, s. 2 (w.e.f.12-11-1982).