The Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014
Chapter I Preliminary
1. Short title, extent, commencement and provisions.
1. This Act may be called the Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014.
2. It extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
3. It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint; and different dates may be appointed for different States and any reference in any provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed in relation to any State as a reference to the coming into force of that provision in that State.
4. The provisions of this Act shall not apply to any land, premises and trains owned and controlled by the Railways under the Railway Act, 1989.