8. Formation of a new Bombay State.-
(1) As from the appointed day, there shall be formed a new 1*** State to be known as the State of Bombay comprising the following territories, namely:-
(a) the territories of the existing State of Bombay, excluding-
(i) Bijapur, Dharwar and Kanara districts and Belgaum district except Chandgad taluka, and
(ii) Abu Road taluka of Banaskantha district;
(b) Aurangabad, Parbhani, Bhir and Osmanabad districts, Ahmadpur, Nilanga and Udgir taluks of Bidar district, Nanded district (except Bichkonda and Jukkal circles of Deglur taluk and Mudhol,
Bhiansa and Kuber circles of Mudhol taluk) and Islapur circle of Boath taluk, Kinwat taluk and Rajura taluk of Adilabad district, in the existing State of Hyderabad;
(c) Buldana, Akola, Amravati, Yeotmal, Wardha, Nagpur, Bhandara and Chanda districts in the existing State of Madhya Pradesh;
(d) the territories of the existing State of Saurashtra; and
(e) the territories of the existing State of Kutch; and thereupon the said territories shall cease to form part of the existing States of Bombay, Hyderabad, Madhya Pradesh, Saurashtra and Kutch, respectively.
(2) The said Chandgad taluka shall be included in, and become part of, Kolhapur district, the said Ahmadpur, Nilanga and Udgir taluks shall be included in, and become part of, Osmanabad district, the said Islapur circle of Boath taluk, Kinwat taluk and Rajura taluk shall be included in, and become part of, Nanded district and the territories comprised in the existing State of Kutch shall form a separate district to be known as Kutch district, in the new State of Bombay.
1. The word and letter "Part A" omitted by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 1) Order, 1956.
2. Subs., ibid., for "New Part C State".