47. Procedure as to delimitation.-
(1) The provisions of section 7 of the former Act shall apply in relation to the Commission as it applied in relation to the former Commission; and in determining the matters referred to in clauses (b) and (c) of section 44, the Commission shall have regard to the provisions contained in clauses (a) to (e) of sub-section (2) of section 8 of the former Act.
(2) After determining all the matters referred to in section 44, the Commission shall prepare an order, to be known as the Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 1956 and send authenticated copies thereof to the Central Government and to each of the State Governments; and thereupon, that Order shall supersede all the orders made by the former Commission and have the full force of law and shall not be called in question in any Court.
(3) As soon as may be after the said Order is received by the Central Government or a State Government, it shall be laid before the House of the People or, as the case may be, the Legislative Assembly of the State.
(4) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (5), the readjustment of the representation of the several constituencies in the House of the People or in the Legislative Assembly of a State and the delimitation of those constituencies provided for in the said Order shall apply in relation to every election to the House of the People or to the Legislative Assembly of a State, as the case may be, held after the appointed day, and shall so apply in supersession of the provisions contained in any other law.
(5) Nothing in this section shall affect the representation in the House of the People or in the Legislative Assembly of a State until the dissolution of the House or the Assembly, as the case may be, existing or brought into existence on the appointed day.
(6) At any time within six months of the date of the said Order, any printing mistake found therein and any other error arising therein from an accidental slip or omission may be corrected by the Chief Election Commissioner by order published in the Gazette of India.