118. Provisions as to State Public Service Commissions.-
(1) The Public Service Commissions for the existing States of Bombay, Mysore, Punjab, Rajasthan and Travancore-Cochin shall, as from the appointed day, be deemed to be the Public Service Commissions for the corresponding new States.
(2) As from the appointed day, the Public Service Commissions for the existing States of Hyderabad, Madhya Bharat, Madhya Pradesh, Patiala and East Punjab States Union and Saurashtra shall cease to exist.
(3) Every person holding office immediately before the appointed day as chairman or other member of any of the Commissions mentioned in sub-section (2)-
(a) shall become a member, and if so specified also the chairman, of such one of the Public Service Commissions for the States of Andhra Pradesh, Bombay, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab and Mysore as the President shall by order specify; and
(b) shall, as such member or chairman, be entitled to receive from the Government of the State conditions of service not less favourable than those to which he was entitled under the provisions applicable to him immediately before the appointed day.
(4) Every person who becomes a member of a Public Service Commission on the appointed day under sub-section (1) or sub-section (3) shall, subject to the proviso to clause (2) of article 316, hold office or continue to hold office until the expiration of his term of office as determined under the provisions applicable to him immediately before the appointed day.
1. The word and letter "Part A" omitted by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 1) order, 1956.
2. Subs., ibid., for "Part C State".