11. Provisional Legislative Assembly.-
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act (including provisions relating to the strength of the Legislative Assembly of the State of Arunachal Pradesh), on and from the appointed day and until the Legislative Assembly of that State has been duly constituted and summoned to meet for the first session, there shall be a provisional Legislative Assembly 2[which shall consist of-
(a) members elected by the territorial constituencies of; and
(b) members nominated to, the Legislative Assembly of the existing Union territory of Arunachal Pradesh.]
(2) The period of five years referred to in clause (1) of article 172 shall, in the case of the provisional Legislative Assembly referred to in sub-section (1), be deemed to have commenced on the day on which the duration of the existing Legislative Assembly of the Union territory of Arunachal Pradesh commenced under section 5 of the Government of Union Territories Act, 1963 (20 of 1963).
3[(3) For so long as the provisional Legislative Assembly constituted under this section is in existence,-
(a) it shall be deemed to be the Legislative Assembly of the State of Arunachal Pradesh duly constituted under the Constitution and shall be competent to discharge all the functions of a Legislative Assembly of a State under the Constitution; and
(b) the members thereof, referred to in clause (a) of sub-section (1), shall be deemed to be the members of the Legislative Assembly of the State of Arunachal Pradesh duly elected under the Constitution.]
1. Subs. by Act 52 of 1988, s. 2, for section 10 (w.e.f. 27-9-1988).
2. Subs. by Act 19 of 1987, s. 2, for certain words (w.e.f. 20-2-1987).
3. Subs. by s. 2, ibid., for sub-section (3) (w.e.f. 20-2-1987).