The State Emblem of India (Prohibition of Improper Use) Act, 2005
1. Short title, extent, application and commencement.-
(1) This Act may be called the State Emblem of India (Prohibition of Improper Use) Act, 2005.
(2) It extends to the whole of India, and also applies to citizens of India out side India.
(3) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. 12th September, 2007, vide notification No. S.O. 1526(E) dated 12th September, 2007, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II sec.3(ii).