11. Staff of Institute.-
(1) There shall be a chief executive officer of the Institute who shall be designated as the Director of the Institute and shall, subject to such rules as may be made in this behalf, be appointed by the Institute: Provided that the first Director of the Institute shall be appointed by the Central Government.
(2) The Director shall act as the Secretary to the Institute as well as the Governing Body.
(3) The Director shall exercise such powers and discharge such functions as may be prescribed by regulations or as may be delegated to him by the Institute or the President or by the Governing Body or the Chairman.
(4) Subject to such rules as may be made in this behalf, the Institute may appoint such number of other officers and employees as may be necessary for the exercise of its powers and discharge of its functions and may determine the designations and grades of such other officers and employees.
(5) Subject to such rules as may be made in this behalf, the Director and other officers and employees of the Institute shall be entitled to such salary and allowances and shall be governed by such conditions of service in respect of leave, pension, gratuity, provident fund and other matters as may be prescribed by regulations made in this behalf.