(1) Whoever 1[fails to comply with] any notice, order or direction issued or given under this Act shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three months, or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, or with both.
(2) Whoever commences or causes to be commenced any work in contravention of any restriction or condition imposed under sub-section (7) of section 10 or any plan for the re-development of a clearance area shall be punishable with imprisonment which may extend to three months, or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, or with both.
(3) Whoever obstructs the entry of any person authorised under this Act to enter into or upon any building or land or molests such person after such entry shall be punishable with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees.
(4) If the person committing an offence under this Act is a company, every person who at the time the offence was committed was in charge of, and was responsible to, the company for the conduct of the business of the company as well as the company, shall be deemed to be guilty of the offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly: Provided that nothing contained in this sub-section shall render any such person liable to any punishment provided in this Act if he proves that the offence was committed without his knowledge or that he exercised all due diligence to prevent the commission of such offence.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (3) where an offence under this Act has been committed by a company and it is proved that the offence has been committed with the consent or connivance of, or is attributable to any neglect on the part of, any director or manager, secretary or other officer of the company, such director, manager, secretary or other officer shall also be deemed to be guilty of that offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly.
Explanation.-For the purposes of this section-
(a) "company" means a body corporate and includes a firm or other association of individuals; and
(b) "director" in relation to a firm means a partner in the firm.