10. Slum clearance order.-
(1) As soon as may be after the competent authority has declared any slum area to be a clearance area, it shall make a slum clearance order in relation to that area ordering the demolition of each of the buildings specified therein and requiring each such building to be vacated within such time as may be specified in the order and submit the order to the Administrator for confirmation.
(2) The Administrator may either confirm the order in to or subject to such variations as he considers necessary or reject the order.
(3) If the Administrator confirms the order, the order shall become operative from the date of such confirmation.
(4) When a slum clearance order has become operative, the owners of buildings to which the order applies shall demolish the buildings before the expiration of six weeks from the date on which the buildings are required by the order to be vacated or before the expiration of such longer period as in the circumstances of the case the competent authority may deem reasonable.
(5) If the buildings are not demolished before the expiration of the period mentioned in sub-section (4) the competent authority shall enter and demolish the buildings and sell the materials thereof.
(6) Any expenses incurred by the competent authority in demolishing any building shall, if not satisfied out of the proceeds of sale of materials thereof, be recoverable by the competent authority as arrears of land revenue.
1[(7) Subject to the provisions of this Act, where a slum clearance order has become operative, the owner of the land to which the order applies may re-develop the land in accordance with plans approved by the competent authority and subject to such restrictions and conditions (including a condition with regard to the time within which the re-development shall be completed), if any, as that authority may think fit to impose: Provided that an owner who is aggrieved by a restriction or condition so imposed on the user of his land or by a subsequent refusal of the competent authority to cancel or modify any such restriction or condition may, within such time as may be prescribed, appeal to the Administrator and the Administrator shall make such order in the matter as he thinks proper and his decision shall be final.]
(8) No person shall commence or cause to be commenced any work in contravention of a plan approved or a restriction or condition imposed under sub-section (7).