Semiconductor Integrated Circuits Layout-Design Act, 2000
25. Registration as registered user.
1. Where it is proposed that a person should be registered as a registered user of a layout-design, the registered proprietor and the proposed registered user shall jointly apply in writing to the Registrar in the prescribed manner and every such application shall be accompanied by-
a. the agreement in writing or a duly authenticated copy thereof, entered into between the registered proprietor and the proposed registered user with respect to the permitted use of the layout-design; and
b. an affidavit made by the registered proprietor or by some person authorised to the satisfaction of Registrar to act on his behalf-
i. giving particulars of the relationship, existing or proposed, between the registered proprietor and the proposed registered user, including particulars showing the degree of control by the proprietor over the permitted use which the relationship will confer and whether it is a term of their relationship that the proposed registered user shall be sole registered user or that there shall be any other restriction as to persons for whose registration as registered user application may be made;
ii. stating the conditions or restrictions, if any, proposed with respect to the place of permitted use or any other matter;
iii. stating whether the permitted use to be for a period or without limit of period, and, if for a period, the duration thereof; and
c. such further documents or other evidence as may be required by the Registrar or as may be prescribed.
2. Where the requirement of sub-section (1) have been complied with, the Registrar shall register the proposed registered user.
3. The Registrar shall issue notice in the prescribed manner of the registration of a person as a registered user to other registered users of the layout-design, if any.
4. The Registrar shall, if so requested by the applicant, take steps of securing that information given for the purposes of an application under this section (other than matters entered in the register) is not disclosed to rivals in trade.