Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002
25. Securitisation company or reconstruction company or secured creditors to report satisfaction of security interest.-
1. The securitisation company or reconstruction company or the secured creditor as the case may be, shall give intimation to the Central Registrar of the payment or satisfaction in full, of any security interest relating to the securitisation company or the reconstruction company or the secured creditor and requiring registration under this Chapter, within thirty days from the date of such payment or satisfaction.
2. The Central Registrar shall, on receipt of such intimation, cause a notice to be sent to the securitisation company or reconstruction company or the secured creditor calling upon it to show cause within a time not exceeding fourteen days specified in such notice, as to why payment or satisfaction should not be recorded as intimated to the Central Registrar.
3. If no cause is shown, the Central Registrar shall order that a memorandum of satisfaction shall be entered in the Central Register.
4. If cause is shown, the Central Registrar shall record a note to that effect in the Central Register, and shall inform the borrower that he has done so.