7. Appointment of employees of Board.-
(1) The Government shall appoint a Seamen's Provident Fund Commissioner who shall be the chief executive officer of the Board and shall be subject to the general control and superintendence of the Board.
(2) The Government may also appoint as many Deputy Seamen's Provident Fund Commissioners 1***, as it may consider necessary, to assist the Seamen's Provident Fund Commissioner in the discharge of his duties.
(3) The Board may appoint such other officers and employees as it may consider necessary for the efficient administration of the Scheme.
(4) No appointment to the post of the Seamen's Provident Fund Commissioner or Deputy Seamen's Provident Fund Commissioner 2*** shall be made except after consultation with the Union Public Service Commission: Provided that no such consultation shall be necessary in regard to any such appointment-
(a) for a period not exceeding one year; or
(b) if the person to be appointed is at the time of his appointment-
(i) a member of the Indian Administrative Service; or
(ii) in the service of the Government in a Class I or Class II post or in the service of the Board.
(5) The method of recruitment, salary and allowances, discipline and other conditions of service of the Seamen's Provident Fund Commissioner and of the officers referred to in sub-section (2) shall be such as may be specified by the Government.
(6) The method of recruitment, salary and allowances, discipline and other conditions of service of other officers and employees of the Board shall be such as may be specified by the Board with the approval of the Government.
(7) All persons appointed under this section shall be the employees of the Board.