34. Term of office of vacancies among, and allowances payable to, Members of Council.-
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of a Member of the Council, other than an ex officio Member, shall be three years from the date of notification.
(2) The terms of office of an ex officio Member shall continue so long as he holds office by virtue of which he is such a Member.
(3) The term of office of a member nominated under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 33 shall expire as soon as he ceases to be Member of the House, which elected him.
(4) The term of office of a Member of the Council nominated or elected to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of the Member in whose place he has been appointed.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section an outgoing Member of the Council shall, unless the Central Government otherwise directs, continue in office until another person is appointed as a Member in his place.
(6) The members of the Council shall be entitled to such travelling and other allowances, as may be prescribed, for attending meetings of the Council or the Committees thereof.