Sashastra Seema Bal Act, 2007
11. Dismissal, removal or reduction in rank by the Director-General and by other officers.
1. The Director-General, or any Additional Director-General or Inspector-General may dismiss or remove from the service or reduce to a lower grade or rank any person subject to this Act other than an officer.
2. An officer not below the rank of Deputy Inspector-General or any prescribed officer may dismiss or remove from the service any person under his command other than an officer or a subordinate officer of such rank as may be prescribed.
3. Any such officer as is mentioned in sub-section (2 ) may reduce to a lower grade or rank any person under his command except an officer or a subordinate officer.
4. The exercise of any power under this section shall be subject to the provisions of this Act and the rules.