1. Short title, extent, commencement and application.-
(1) This Act may be called the Sales Promotion Employees (Conditions of Service) Act, 1976.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall come into force on such date1as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different States.
(4) It shall apply in the first instance to every establishment engaged in pharmaceutical industry.
(5) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, apply the provisions of this Act, with effect from such date as may be specified in the notification, to any other establishment engaged in any notified industry.