6.Travelling and daily allowances to officers of Parliament.-
(1) Subject to any rules made in this behalf under section 11, an officer of Parliament shall be entitled to-
(a) travelling allowances for himself and the members of his family and for the transport of his and his family's effects-
(i) in respect of the journey to Delhi from his usual place of residence outside Delhi for assuming office, and
(ii) in respect of the journey from Delhi to his usual place of residence outside Delhi on relinquishing office; and
(b) travelling and daily allowances in respect of tours undertaken by him in the discharge of his official duties, whether by sea, land or air.
4[(1A) On and from the commencement of the Salaries and Allowances of Officers of Parliament and Leaders of Opposition in Parliament (Second Amendment) Act, 2002 (56 of 2002), an officer of Parliament and his family, whether travelling together or separately, shall be entitled to travelling allowance at the same rates and for the same number of return journeys as admissible to a Minister and his family under sub-section (1A) of section 6 of the Salaries and Allowances of Ministers Act, 1952 (58 of 1952).]
(2) Any travelling allowance under this section may be paid in cash or free official transport may be provided in lieu thereof.
1. Subs. by Act 75 of 1985, s. 3, for section 5 (w.e.f. 26-12-1985).
2. The words "the Chairman of the Council of States and" omitted by Act 26 of 1998, s. 3 (w.e.f. 1-1-1996).
3. Ins. by Act 29 of 2002, s. 2 (w.e.f. 17-9-2001).
4. Subs. by Act 56 of 2002, s. 2, for sub-section (1A) (w.e.f. 17-9-2001).
5. Ins. by Act 31 of 2002, s. 2 (w.e.f. 3-3-2002).