4. Constitution of the Board.
(1) As soon as may be after the commencement of this Act, the
Central Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute for the purposes of this Act a Board to be called the 3*** Rubber Board.
(2) The Board shall be a body corporate by the name of 3*** Rubber Board having perpetual succession and a common seal with power to acquire and hold property, both movable and immovable and to contract, and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
4[(3) The Board shall consist of
(a) a Chairman to be appointed by the Central Government;
5[(b) two members to represent the State of 6[Tamil Nadu], one of whom shall be a person representing rubber producing interests;
(c) eight members to represent the State of Kerala, six of whom shall be persons representing the rubber producing interests, three of such six being persons representing the small growers;]
(d) ten members to be nominated by the Central Government, of whom two shall represent the manufacturers and four labours;
7[(da) three members to be nominated by the Central Government of whom two shall be from the Department of Commerce and one from the Department of Agriculture and Co-operation;]
(e) three members of Parliament of whom two shall be elected by the House of the People and one by the Council of States; 8[and]
9[(ee) the Executive Director, ex officio; and]
(f) the Rubber Production Commissioner, ex officio.
1. Ins. by Act 54 of 1954, s. 5 (w.e.f 1-8-1955).
2. The words in brackets shall stand substituted (date to be notified) by Act 4 of 2010, s. 2, for "ten hectares".
3. The word "Indian" omitted by Act 54 of 1954, s. 6 (w.e.f. 1-8-1955).
4. Subs. by s. 6, ibid., for sub-sections (3), (4) and (5) (w.e.f. 1-8-1955).
5. Subs. by Adaption of Laws (No. 3) Order, 1956, clauses (b) and (c).
6. Subs. by the Madras State (Alteration of Name) (Adaptation of Laws on Union Subject) Order, 1970, for "Madras" (w.e.f. 14-1-1969).
7. The words in brackets shall stand inserted (date to be notified) by Act 4 of 2010, s. 3.
8. The word "and" shall stand omitted (date to be notified) by Act 54 of 1982, s. 3. 9. The words in brackets shall stand inserted (date to be notified) by s. 3, ibid.
(4) The persons to represent the States of 1[Tamil Nadu] and 2[Kerala] shall be elected or nominated as may be prescribed.
(5) Any officer of the Central Government when deputed by that Government in this behalf shall have the right to attend the meetings of the Board and take part in the proceedings thereof but shall not be entitled to vote.
(6) The Board shall elect from among its members a Vice-Chairman who shall exercise such of the powers, and perform such of the functions of the Chairman as may be prescribed or as may be delegated to him by the Chairman.
(7) The members of the Board shall receive from the Board such allowances as may be prescribed.
(8) It is hereby declared that the office of member of the Board shall not disqualify its holder for being chosen as, or for being, a member of either House of Parliament.]