6. Terms and conditions of service of members.-
(1) A member shall, unless his appointment is terminated earlier by the Central Government, hold office for such period as may be notified in this behalf by the Central Government in the Official Gazette, and shall, on the expiry of the term of his office be eligible for re-appointment.
(2) A member may resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government, but he shall continue in office until the appointment of his successor is notified in the Official Gazette.
(3) A casual vacancy created by the resignation of a member under sub-section (2) or for any other reason shall be filled by fresh appointment.
(4) A member may be appointed either as a whole-time or part-time member as the Central Government thinks fit.
(5) The terms and conditions of service of the Chairman and other members shall be such as may be prescribed.