15. Preparation of schemes by Board and their execution.-
(1) Where any Board has been empowered to perform functions under clause (b) of section 13, the Board may, from time to time, prepare schemes, not inconsistent with its functions under this Act, for the purpose of regulating or developing any inter-State river or river valley within its area of operation.
(2) After preparing any such scheme, the Board shall consult the Governments interested and the Central Government in respect of the scheme and after considering their suggestions, if any, the Board may confirm, modify or reject the scheme.
(3) The scheme as confirmed or modified under sub-section (2) shall thereupon become final and shall be called the approved scheme.
(4) Before any scheme is approved, the Board shall take into account the costs likely to be incurred in undertaking measures for executing the scheme and in maintaining any works to be undertaken in the execution of the scheme and the costs shall be allocated among the Governments interested in such proportion as may be agreed or, in default of agreement, as may be determined by the Board having regard to the benefits which will be received from the scheme by them.
(5) Every approved scheme shall be forwarded to the Governments interested and the Board may advise them to undertake measures for executing the scheme and a copy of the approved scheme shall also be forwarded to the Central Government.
(6) The Central Government may, on a request received in this behalf from any Government interested or otherwise, assist the Governments interested in taking such steps as may be necessary for the execution of the scheme.