Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013
61. Powers of Authority and procedure before it.
1. The Authority shall, for the purposes of its functions under this Act, shall have the same powers as are vested in a civil court under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 in respect of the following matters, namely:-
a. summoning and enforcing the attendance of any person and examining him on oath;
b. discovery and production of any document or other material object producible as evidence;
c. receiving evidence on affidavits;
d. requisitioning of any public record;
e. issuing commission for the examination of witnesses;
f. reviewing its decisions, directions and orders;
g. any other matter which may be prescribed.
2. The Authority shall have original jurisdiction to adjudicate upon every reference made to it under section 65.
3. The Authority shall not be bound by the procedure laid down in the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 but shall be guided by the principles of natural justice and subject to the other provisions of this Act and of any rules made thereunder, the Authority shall have the power to regulate its own procedure.
4. The Authority shall, after receiving reference under section 65 and after giving notice of such reference to all the parties concerned and after affording opportunity of hearing to all parties, dispose of such reference within a period of six months from the date of receipt of such reference and make an award accordingly.
5. The Authority shall arrange to deliver copies of the award to the parties concerned within a period of fifteen days from the date of such award.